KingBoo9911

Military Strategy

22 posts in this topic

Hey, so I currently have my military power shown as "adequate." I was firstly wondering what are the different tiers of military strength, I know it goes something like weak, poor, adequate, etc. 

Also, the main topic of this post is about what the best strategy for building a military is. Currently I have about 35 troops, of which I have a decent amount of tanks. Should I organize these troops into all-tank and all-infantry divisions? What should I do when I get higher level, as I am only a new Tier 3? Thanks. 

1 hour ago, KingBoo9911 said:

Hey, so I currently have my military power shown as "adequate." I was firstly wondering what are the different tiers of military strength, I know it goes something like weak, poor, adequate, etc. 

Also, the main topic of this post is about what the best strategy for building a military is. Currently I have about 35 troops, of which I have a decent amount of tanks. Should I organize these troops into all-tank and all-infantry divisions? What should I do when I get higher level, as I am only a new Tier 3? Thanks. 

I normally sort my units into one of these 4 types of divisions

Air Division: 10 Planes

Infantry Division: 7 Infantry + 3 Medics

Mechanized Division: 3 Tanks + 4 Infantry + 3 Medics

Armor Division: 10 Tanks

Just a suggestion tho

I just have 2 types of division.

1. Air Division : A10 + F-22
  2. Armor Division :
    • Full Plump Tanks
    • Full M-2 Tanks

I think Armor Division is the best for low tier, especially Full Plump Tanks. And I think Full M-2 Tanks is just a little sucks because of their HP capacity And SPD.

4 minutes ago, junkerbata said:

I just have 2 types of division.

1. Air Division : A10 + F-22
  2. Armor Division :
    • Full Plump Tanks
    • Full M-2 Tanks

I think Armor Division is the best for low tier, especially Full Plump Tanks. And I think Full M-2 Tanks is just a little sucks because of their HP capacity And SPD.

In my opinion M2's are better because they are higher damage. Trade off for the -40 health

13 minutes ago, Xealo said:

In my opinion M2's are better because they are higher damage. Trade off for the -40 health

Ah, I see. Plump is better to use for defense because of it higher ARM and HP. CMIIW.

Thanks for your prompt responses! I will take this into account when creating my divisions. 

Oh, also, one more thing. A quest gave me T-72's as reward, are they worth keeping? They require fuel and ammo each turn, and while I was gifted a decent amount of both it is starting to run out and my current ammunition production is low and fuel production is none. 

Don't use the T-72's in normal battles. In a war they are decent, though once you have M1A1's they become obsolete. Basically, until you get heavy armor, keep em in reserves for fighting wars and don't use them in peaceekeeping or missions. Once you have heavy tanks, scrap em for metal

Also, when building an infantry division, would you guys recommend using my one MG Infantry or my Mortar Infantry? I feel that most of the missions are heavy on infantry and as such the mortars would be better vs. them but not good in an actual war. 

25 minutes ago, KingBoo9911 said:

Also, when building an infantry division, would you guys recommend using my one MG Infantry or my Mortar Infantry? I feel that most of the missions are heavy on infantry and as such the mortars would be better vs. them but not good in an actual war. 

I would recommend waiting until you can get a light armour division before doing missions seriously.

It's a waste of resources in the early game. 

19 hours ago, vvv317 said:

I would recommend waiting until you can get a light armour division before doing missions seriously.

It's a waste of resources in the early game. 

I already have like 15 tanks, I was just wondering which infantry would be the best for missions if my tank division is already fighting. 

I have no organic plump tanks due to glitch in quests

A plump tank sale however, was able to add on to my fleet of peacekeeping Armor vehicles 

1 hour ago, KingBoo9911 said:

I already have like 15 tanks, I was just wondering which infantry would be the best for missions if my tank division is already fighting. 

Mortar then.

Add a few medics.

Me, I organize my armor into full armor divisions, and any spare armor and all my infantry(exept aces of spades) are distributed among my Bushwhackers.

Mass Carriers=Instant Win

On 5/19/2016 at 6:21 PM, Xealo said:

Plumps are better since +1 attack is worth 1 common equipment slot, but 40 health is worth an uncommon slot (on a M8 Bradley)

13 hours ago, Xealo said:

The tanks will fight for more than one round. +8 damage per round verses one time health boost

1. I'm pretty sure that the M2 has 3 attack while the Plump Tank has 2, so it's only a difference of 4 or 5. (correct me if I'm wrong)
  2. Accounting for upgrades, health is more important that raw damage because the most important thing that differentiates units it the amount  of equipment slots needed to bridge the gap in their stats. A difference 50 health takes at least a rare equipment in a slot (or 3 commons) to meet, but 1 attack only needs 1 common.
  3. Your tanks aren't going against 20 attack GEARHOUNDs. If you are using your tanks for peacekeeping (like they should be used for), survivability>damage.
  4. Plump Tanks are free, while M2s cost 60 metal. At the rate of metal ATM, (about 500 per unit or so) that is 30000 per tank, or 300k per division.
  5. Plumps have higher armor? Moar survivability!
  6. Plump Tanks get more benefit from percentage based HP boosts.
  7. Speed stat still sucks.
  8. That "one time" health boost can be healed back, you know.
  9. The Bradley tanks were designed to do everything, hence effectively doing nothing.
  10. Oh no! we're hit and now everything is on fire...
  11. *cough *cough maintenance 
  12. Nice aluminum armor... I wonder how it stands up to this RPG.
  13. So, the army needed an APC, then they added a turret, cannon, more armor, anti-tank missiles, etc. After a casual 15 years of development, you have a tank that continues to drain 5 billion dollars yearly in development costs... ggwp
  14. Your mother was a hamster.
  15. Today, people only feel bad for "soldiers" when they don't realize what REAL pain emos go through everyday. Emos go through so much worse than soldiers.
  16.  The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.One generally discovers his waifu after a disillusionment in the three-dimensional world, particularly after some form of romantic rejection. If one is into the otaku culture, a waifu is analternative to the uncaring and sometimes unreachable 3D. 
  17. How do face shamans manage to sleep at night?
  18. Survivor always dies.
  19. FWG cores FTW!
  20. You must construct additional pylons!!
  21. Fite me, I have prot IV diamond armor.
  22. *Kirov reporting
  23. WHERE IS SAM BOGA? WHERE IS YOUR HIDEOUT?
  24. ...the squirrels, and they were married...
  25. MEDIC!
  26. Terrorists win!
  27. So dark the con of man
  28. What's yellow and dangerous?
  29. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
  30. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
  31. I am a 12 year old who watches minecraft and agario videos while eating MLG Doritos.

Attack > Survivability, because either way the plumps and M2's will survive on peacekeeping and normal missions. Higher HP would mean nothing if you are referring to that. What higher attack would do is speed up the mission or peacekeeping, effectively speeding up the process

13 hours ago, That Guy said:
  1. I'm pretty sure that the M2 has 3 attack while the Plump Tank has 2, so it's only a difference of 4 or 5. (correct me if I'm wrong)
  2. Accounting for upgrades, health is more important that raw damage because the most important thing that differentiates units it the amount  of equipment slots needed to bridge the gap in their stats. A difference 50 health takes at least a rare equipment in a slot (or 3 commons) to meet, but 1 attack only needs 1 common.
  3. Your tanks aren't going against 20 attack GEARHOUNDs. If you are using your tanks for peacekeeping (like they should be used for), survivability>damage.
  4. Plump Tanks are free, while M2s cost 60 metal. At the rate of metal ATM, (about 500 per unit or so) that is 30000 per tank, or 300k per division.
  5. Plumps have higher armor? Moar survivability!
  6. Plump Tanks get more benefit from percentage based HP boosts.
  7. Speed stat still sucks.
  8. That "one time" health boost can be healed back, you know.
  9. The Bradley tanks were designed to do everything, hence effectively doing nothing.
  10. Oh no! we're hit and now everything is on fire...
  11. *cough *cough maintenance 
  12. Nice aluminum armor... I wonder how it stands up to this RPG.
  13. So, the army needed an APC, then they added a turret, cannon, more armor, anti-tank missiles, etc. After a casual 15 years of development, you have a tank that continues to drain 5 billion dollars yearly in development costs... ggwp
  14. Your mother was a hamster.
  15. Today, people only feel bad for "soldiers" when they don't realize what REAL pain emos go through everyday. Emos go through so much worse than soldiers.
  16.  The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.One generally discovers his waifu after a disillusionment in the three-dimensional world, particularly after some form of romantic rejection. If one is into the otaku culture, a waifu is analternative to the uncaring and sometimes unreachable 3D. 
  17. How do face shamans manage to sleep at night?
  18. Survivor always dies.
  19. FWG cores FTW!
  20. You must construct additional pylons!!
  21. Fite me, I have prot IV diamond armor.
  22. *Kirov reporting
  23. WHERE IS SAM BOGA? WHERE IS YOUR HIDEOUT?
  24. ...the squirrels, and they were married...
  25. MEDIC!
  26. Terrorists win!
  27. So dark the con of man
  28. What's yellow and dangerous?
  29. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
  30. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
  31. I am a 12 year old who watches minecraft and agario videos while eating MLG Doritos.

Anyone cleaning up here?

Jk