Stian

In-game moderators and community manager/contributors wanted!

40 posts in this topic

Hello there!

At the end of this summer the in-game mod tools will be done and I need a group of dedicated moderators to lay down the law and make sure the game is fair and fun for everyone.

The tasks will include (to begin with):

  • Communicating with, and possibly banning, users that display exploitative or hateful behavior
  • Deleting inappropriate imagery (flags, backgrounds)
  • Helping out users that submit tickets for various issues
  • Generally being a helpful individual that bridges the gap between game systems and the community

I'm also looking for people that want to help with the social aspect of the game:

  • Handling the twitter and facebook accounts
  • Posting news and articles in-game
    • Currently the news are very much related to new features and patches, but I'd like more community spotlights, focus on in-game events, etc
  • Creating competitions with prizes like loot crates, card packs, premium subscriptions, etc

I can't promise any monetary payment, unfortunately, but you will be upgraded to a premium account, and I hope the thought of helping to grow a community with great potential will be rewarding in itself.

If you're interested in one or both of these positions, please send me an e-mail at [email protected].

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paynent?! Mods don't get payed. They do it because they want to help!

Also, i know there hasn't been any community gp goals for a long time. If we can fix gp, then i think that could be a great competition platform 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I'm already a forum mod, I'd like to request moderator powers in-game as well. I may delete my nation though and start anew.

I also volunteer to take care of some social media stuff as well as organising competitions and events. And if you want, I could also add more events to the game to make it more diverse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to be a mod but my fluctuating activity in this game leaves me personally inadequate for the job. I'll just try to help out in the future the mods in any way I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jacob Grox said:

As I'm already a forum mod, I'd like to request moderator powers in-game as well. I may delete my nation though and start anew.

I also volunteer to take care of some social media stuff as well as organising competitions and events. And if you want, I could also add more events to the game to make it more diverse.

 

Corruption is a thing that comes with power, and it happens on all levels to some extent, and most of the time, it is an evil force. I suggest that we should follow the following principles:

1. There must be a system of checks and balances between people in power

2. People of all backgrounds must be represented

3. There must be rule of law

So, I volunteer GreatEmperor as mod... sounds surprising... He is an advocate for freedom in :Petram, away from the league or Stian

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, La Verite said:

Corruption is a thing that comes with power, and it happens on all levels to some extent, and most of the time, it is an evil force. I suggest that we should follow the following principles:

1. There must be a system of checks and balances between people in power

2. People of all backgrounds must be represented

3. There must be rule of law

So, I volunteer GreatEmperor as mod... sounds surprising... He is an advocate for freedom in :Petram, away from the league or Stian

 

Le spam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, La Verite said:

Corruption is a thing that comes with power, and it happens on all levels to some extent, and most of the time, it is an evil force. I suggest that we should follow the following principles:

1. There must be a system of checks and balances between people in power

2. People of all backgrounds must be represented

3. There must be rule of law

So, I volunteer GreatEmperor as mod... sounds surprising... He is an advocate for freedom in :Petram, away from the league or Stian

 

I get the first one but what are the other 2.

Edit: I have sent my email, and I will uphold the law of the land and not abuse it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Andreian_Union said:

Paynent?! Mods don't get payed. They do it because they want to help!

Also, i know there hasn't been any community gp goals for a long time. If we can fix gp, then i think that could be a great competition platform 

 

ce est de spam

1 hour ago, Ceres said:

Le spam

spam n' slander

these are only examples of corruption made by the ruling caste

Other people don't usually do that since they'll get banned for it. 

This brings us to the rule of law: The authority and influence of law in society, esp. when viewed as a constraint on individual and institutional behaviour; (hence) the principle whereby all members of a society (including those in government) are considered equally subject to publicly disclosed legal codes and processes.

1 hour ago, Typer57 said:

I get the first one but what are the other 2

what do you think 2 is??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if I was mod I would have 3 Major prime directives:

1.Serve the Community

2. Protect the innocent

3. Uphold the law

(Inspired by Robocop)

I do have some questions, if you are a mod can you still play as a normal player? Like have wars and get in big politics? Or do you have to refrain cause you are a mod?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, La Verite said:

Corruption is a thing that comes with power, and it happens on all levels to some extent, and most of the time, it is an evil force. I suggest that we should follow the following principles:

1. There must be a system of checks and balances between people in power

He made a point.

@Stian, you should consider what he said (and leave out the nonsensical ones).

13 hours ago, Stian said:

Creating competitions with prizes like loot crates, card packs, premium subscriptions, etc

This privilege is a lot, it can turn this game into an oligarchy. Or it can make things difficult for the mod if the mod is doing well in the game because he/she will be accused of cheating.

What I suggest is that privileges like this will be pending approval by you. So you'll need to personally approve it for it to take effect. This is called the check and balance.

And in the backend there should be very clear records for stuff like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, XPMai said:

He made a point.

@Stian, you should consider what he said (and leave out the nonsensical ones).

This privilege is a lot, it can turn this game into an oligarchy. Or it can make things difficult for the mod if the mod is doing well in the game because he/she will be accused of cheating.

What I suggest is that privileges like this will be pending approval by you. So you'll need to personally approve it for it to take effect. This is called the check and balance.

And in the backend there should be very clear records for stuff like this.

I proposed this earlier and my side debated with Jacobs side about checks and balances. I wish you luck on your endeavor!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Typer57 said:

I proposed this earlier and my side debated with Jacobs side about checks and balances. I wish you luck on your endeavor!

Wow, there's a debate?

Yeah, I've read but your idea was too extreme, and quite irrelevant since Stian doesn't grant moderators to have the abilities you pointed out. e.g. read your nation. And the overall debate was all about hindering the ability of mod reading nations. (I like your idea, but I know Stian will never implement such thing because he likes to keep things simple and easy)

My point here is: hinder mod's ability to generate resources

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great feedback so far! A lot amazing community members have contacted me and shown interest. The first batch of mods and the community manager will be "appointed" some time in august, end of summer.

1 hour ago, Hailfire said:

I'd volunteer, but I don't have any socal media so that rules me out.

You don't need social media profiles to be an in-game mod, just so you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Stian said:

Great feedback so far! A lot amazing community members have contacted me and shown interest. The first batch of mods and the community manager will be "appointed" some time in august, end of summer.

You don't need social media profiles to be an in-game mod, just so you know.

OK, I volunteer then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now