Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Turtle

Getting 10 GEARHOUND Prototypes

17 posts in this topic

This is just my experience with trying to acquire 10 GEARHOUND Prototypes. If you would like to share your story, feel free to do so. GEARHOUND Prototypes are the best non-uranium, non-ammunition, and non-fuel using troops.

To get a Prototype, you must complete the Chapter 1 mission (Scouting the Bleak Horizon), which you can buy from the list of items, but you have to be a certain tier to be able to buy it, I think Tier 5 or Tier 6. Then you must complete Chapter 2, then Chapter 3, then Chapter 4, and finally Chapter 5 where the reward is 1 GEARHOUNDS Prototype. Each chapter gets progressively harder.

Realize that when you complete the Chapter 1 mission, it immediately gives you the Chapter 2 mission. When you complete Chapter 2, it will give you an inventory item, which you can use to get Chapter 3. When you complete Chapter 3, you will get an inventory item which you can use to get Chapter 4. When you complete Chapter 4, you will NOT get an inventory item that you can use to get Chapter 5; Chapter 5 will appear immediately under the missions page ONCE you click the "complete mission" button. I advise you not to click the "complete mission" immediately after you finish Chapter 4.

To complete Chapter 1, I used Plump Tanks and M2 Bradleys with a General, without healing.

To complete Chapter 2, I used Plump Tanks with a General, without healing.

To complete Chapter 3, I used F22 Raptors, which you can't get anymore, and A10 Thunderbolts, with a General, without healing.

To complete Chapter 4, I used A10 Thunderbolts with a General, without healing.

To complete Chapter 5, I first used B2 Spirits, with healing, and ended up losing 4 of them. After that, I used GEARHOUND WarHeads. Because I had a inadequate supply of uranium, I healed my GEARHOUND Warheads before the battle, and during the battle I used "Resolve Attack" to finish the battle quickly. This way, I did not have to use any uranium.

Things to keep in mind:

I used about 100k ammo

I used about 30k fuel

It will take a minimum of one month to complete

I frequently did 3, 4, or 5 Chapter missions at a time

I am not actually have 10 GEARHOUND Prototypes yet, but I am very close.

Good luck,

The Turtle

To complete Chapter 1, I used Plump Tanks and M2 Bradleys without healing

To complete Chapter 2, I used Plump Tanks with a Major, without healing.

To complete Chapter 3, I used 2 Plump Tanks 2 M1A1s and some A10s without healing.

To complete Chapter 4, I used the same troop as Chapter 3 with a Major without healing.

To complete Chapter 5, I had a complete division of lvl 15 B-2s set up and set it on lvl 20 but almost killed myself. I used a bunch of heals. (Don't set it on lvl 20 unless ur troops are really good. I was just being dumb).

Additional info:

Chapter 1: It requires tier 6 to buy the appropriate item to obtain this mission.

Chapter 3: Requires tier 7 for completion.

Chapter 4&5: Requires tier 8 for completion.

8 minutes ago, fdas said:

Do you think a bunch of level 10 plump tanks with a major can beat chapter 3?

Yes with heals.

Opponents for chapter 3:-

• Major Dino Fratelli (Officer)    4520
  • Concrete Bunker                  341300
  • Fortified Bunker                   8151400
  • Engineer                              32260
  • National Guard (40%)           21180
  • Leopard 2 (30%)                  462240
  • F-22 Raptor (30%)               725260

3 hours ago, henryfekok said:

I prefer to use A10 at chapter 5, even with level 1, with major and healing.

Did your A10s come back alive?

8 hours ago, The Turtle said:

Did your A10s come back alive?

Yes, all alive. Don't forget we face armor unit at chapter 5 and A10 have effect when face armor unit.

3 hours ago, fdas said:

I hope warheads with one heal will be enough to beat them.

There's only like one or two warheads for chapter five, so warheads should easily defeat chapter five, without heals.

Just now, The Turtle said:

There's only like one or two warheads for chapter five, so warheads should easily defeat chapter five, without heals.

But there are pacifiers and aren't they pretty much as good as warheads

1 minute ago, fdas said:

But there are pacifiers and aren't they pretty much as good as warheads

What do you mean? I don't think there are pacifiers, but I have to check when I get Chapter five. Aren't Pacifiers better though?

I have 2 prototypes now.

I used plumps to do the first 2, 2 division of high level plumps to do the third. One of the divisions attacks when the other one comes home. For mission 4 I used 2 divisions of 5 gearhound warheads. And mission 5 has no travel time so I have 1 division of pacifiers.