Nations - Official Forums
Stian

Tier 11 – Patch v0.14

Just now, Stian said:

It's not very advanced and does what it says on the tin: Disbands all units currently in the reserves. I want to build a more advanced unit managed interface in the future, but that's an entire patch worth of work on its own.

Being able sort the unit list would be nice, but that's more of a luxury feature for premium users. Having to scroll through the list to find the unit you're looking for is getting harder to manage, especially when you accidentally start dragging one and it jumps to another position in the list.
unitlist.png

11 hours ago, Stian said:

It's not very advanced and does what it says on the tin: Disbands all units currently in the reserves. I want to build a more advanced unit managed interface in the future, but that's an entire patch worth of work on its own.

Now can you do the same for exhausting all card in a certain pack and or just a card that one has mutiples of?

Thanks for all the additions already going to be implemented, I have another recommendation:

As a tier 10 nation I have a lot of urban areas that aren't populated from inactive raids, and I'm guessing that other tier 10 nations have a lot too, probably more than me. As a way to help fix this problem and the inflation problem you could include a "Bulldozer" or something that would clear 10k^2 of urban areas for a high price like 10,000 coins or something.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask for extra additions in.

1 hour ago, President of Dynin said:

Thanks for all the additions already going to be implemented, I have another recommendation:

As a tier 10 nation I have a lot of urban areas that aren't populated from inactive raids, and I'm guessing that other tier 10 nations have a lot too, probably more than me. As a way to help fix this problem and the inflation problem you could include a "Bulldozer" or something that would clear 10k^2 of urban areas for a high price like 10,000 coins or something.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask for extra additions in.

T11 will make those not empty anymore when you expand your population. And I don't think you will be able to find any T10s to raid.

A few new features to announce:

• Crafted and looted equipment will have a chance to upgrade to foil, which means their stat values will increase by five times their original value
  • Crafted gear will have a chance to upgrade to a higher rarity. That means an uncommon recipe will have a chance to yield legendary gear. 
  • Silk will be a new natural resource required to produce Body Armor.

17 minutes ago, Stian said:

• Crafted and looted equipment will have a chance to upgrade to foil, which means their stat values will increase by five times their original value
  • Crafted gear will have a chance to upgrade to a higher rarity. That means an uncommon recipe will have a chance to yield legendary gear. 

:o AMAZING! Thanks Stian! I belive you are going on a great path for Nationsgame which will help Allainces and nations that focus on military

19 minutes ago, Stian said:

Crafted and looted equipment will have a chance to upgrade to foil, which means their stat values will increase by five times their original value

This seems extremely unbalanced. Getting +25 STR and +100% HP on an epic would make grinding missions an even greater requirement, and deciding factor, for war than it is now.

16 minutes ago, xphade said:

This seems extremely unbalanced. Getting +25 STR and +100% HP on an epic would make grinding missions an even greater requirement, and deciding factor, for war than it is now.

It won't necessarily be 5 times the value, but I see what you mean. These worries are always a part of any random system.

5 minutes ago, Stian said:

It won't necessarily be 5 times the value, but I see what you mean. These worries are always a part of any random system.

A foil could have additional upgrade "slots" - five stat increases for a rare instead of four, eight or nine for an epic, and so on.

1 hour ago, Stian said:

One question: does this mean that there will be a new infantry unit that is quite powerfull?

On 3/19/2016 at 3:17 AM, Xealo said:

I have some ideas about additional military units that could make war more strategic and less of a stay up at night and stockpile resources war. We could have some extra units, instead of the Gearhounds being the only heavy hitter unit in the game right now, especially other units like air, infantry, and static. Each one of these types would counter each other (Except for infantry)

Air Units: High damage, ok HP, good against armor and static

- F-16 Falcon: 300 hp, 20 damage, +25% to static and armor

- B-17 Flying Fortress: 400hp, 28damage, +50% to static, -50% to air

- F-35: 300 hp, 24 damage

Armored Units: High Damage, High HP, all round troop

- Gearhounds and such

- T-28: 20 damage, 400hp, +30% to static and armor

Infantry/Special Forces Units: Specialized Units

- Anti-Tank Squadron: Only attacks tanks, 120hp, 25 damage

- Repair Crew (Similar to Engineer): 100 hp, Regenerates 50 hp per turn to all static units

Static Units: General Defense Units

- Anti-Air Gun: 30 damage, only attacks air (Useless if no air troops sent)

- Machine Gun Nest: 300hp, 12 damage, +100% to infantry/SF

- Border Fortifications: -10% damage taken by all units

- Artillery: 30 damage, 100 hp, +25% to armor and infantry, can't attack air

*remove healing boosts

Economic Ideas:

A separate tab on the trade menu where you can see trade requests. A nation can put up a resource they want and a price, with a limit on the trade. Another nation can accept and choose how much of the trade they want to handle (E.G. if I request a trade at 50 metal for 10 gold each, one can take 30 metal of that trade, reducing the request to 20 metal). This would make trade more easily accessible for lower nations and stronger nations alike.

I hope the game mechanics move toward more strategic planning and tactical considerations like many of the suggestions put forth above. Its really pointless to continue tier 15, 20, 30+++ purely for the sake of able to maintain 100, 200, 300++++ gearhound pacifiers.

On 11/15/2016 at 9:37 AM, Stian said:

+60% str gain --> +300% str gain? Stian plz no...

Our non-armor units have been suffering from the armor establishment for too long. We need change and we need it quickly. We will make our units great again! - Donald Trump

8 hours ago, ICBMsworks said:

@Stian I wanted to know do u now have an estimated time for the t11 update

The public test version is scheduled to release by the end of january. When the test version is stable enough to replace the current version of Nations it will be fully released.

The reason why I'm doing a public test version is because of the UI redesign. There are so many changes that it could be catastrophic to just release the update without proper testing first.