Stian

Another Nations 2.0 teaser (Very work in progress)

172 posts in this topic

@Stian @Samoht

With the new population increase and inflation reduction coming up I would like to let you know that I am satisfied with continent balance, even if I could change to Zaheria I would stay on San Sebastian. But that would change if it lost it's CG advantage.

Edited post: I would like to let you know that with the new population increase and inflation reduction coming up I am satisfied with continent balance, even if I could change to Zaheria I would stay on San Sebastian. But that would change if it lost it's CG advantage.

Edited by President of Dynin
Re-ordered to make more sense

6 minutes ago, President of Dynin said:

@Stian @Samoht

With the new population increase and inflation reduction coming up I would like to let you know that I am satisfied with continent balance, even if I could change to Zaheria I would stay on San Sebastian. But that would change if it lost it's CG advantage.

Thats fair. 

I know a lot of nations that wish they were on zaheria.

I could also just say i dont care, cause i got what i need, but to make people have the same options and to make it fair, the most valuable resource shouldnt really be favourised a lot on one continent, as it is now.

10 hours ago, Stian said:

DUPLICATES ARE NO LONGER CRITICALLY PAINFUL TO HANDLE YOU CAN EVEN DISCARD ALL DUPES IN ONE CLICK. NOW IM GONNA PLAY OVERWATCH

nts.png

I <3 U

IMG_4754.GIF

Hheheheheh

And on the subject of the military and how you were talking about professions, I think you probably just need to make units that can actually combat pacifiers of different types, like infantry or special units, and I think you should add more static units, but that is just my opinion.

The newer website is just so much faster to use, as well! I hope that collecting resources won't be as time consuming and tedious. Good stuff, Stian! 

@Stian

Why is it it costs about 60k metal to upgrade airfield to level 2, and 102k metal to upgrade engineer lab to level 2?

I find no logic at all in those prices?

1 hour ago, Samoht said:

@Stian

Why is it it costs about 60k metal to upgrade airfield to level 2, and 102k metal to upgrade engineer lab to level 2?

I find no logic at all in those prices?

I believe that the prices of metal will be far lower and more afforable with the then fixed economy following the reset updates.coat of arms white backtground.png

4 minutes ago, GenGin said:

I believe that the prices of metal will be far lower and more afforable with the then fixed economy following the reset updates.

But with 102 k metal at level 2, it will cost maybe half a million for level 4. And with 10 buildings or so to upgrade, that is way to costly.

I dont mind it being a little expensive and without metal for expand borders i can easily accept an increase in prices, but a level 2 building which can be unlocked at tier 3 or so, should NOT cost 100k metal which is impossible to pay at T 3 or 4.

4 minutes ago, Samoht said:

But with 102 k metal at level 2, it will cost maybe half a million for level 4. And with 10 buildings or so to upgrade, that is way to costly.

I absolutely agree with you, but perhaps metal will be generally far more available following the upcoming update. We are only used to 100k metal sounding like much because of the rediculously high prices of our broken current economy.  I may be wrong, and if I am then again, I agree with you in that most fair players have developed their nations for months abiding by the terms and conditions shouldn't be expected to accept prices as high as that which will only slow the development of progress they would already have lost so much of after the reset. 

4 minutes ago, GenGin said:

I absolutely agree with you, but perhaps metal will be generally far more available following the upcoming update. We are only used to 100k metal sounding like much because of the rediculously high prices of our broken current economy.  I may be wrong, and if I am then again, I agree with you in that most fair players have developed their nations for months abiding by the terms and conditions shouldn't be expected to accept prices as high as that which will only slow the development of progress they would already have lost so much of after the reset. 

The new economy wont make metal cheaper. It makes money more expensive.

Just now, fdas said:

The new economy wont make metal cheaper. It makes money more expensive.

The inflation of money/gold is a large contributing factor towards the sky-high prices we see today. I am no economist, but in theory the update will have this go in reverse course with money gaining value as the value of resources declines. 

Just now, GenGin said:

The inflation of money/gold is a large contributing factor towards the sky-high prices we see today. I am no economist, but in theory the update will have this go in reverse course with money gaining value as the value of resources declines. 

Prices on resources will be lowered - yes.
But the amount of money we will have will also be lowered.

3 minutes ago, GenGin said:

Metal will be just as hard to get as it is now. Money will also be harder to get.

Imagine if we had an invisible currency called bobs.

Right now 1 money is worth 1 bob and 1 metal is worth 500 bobs. 1 metal costs 500 money

After the update 1 money is worth 100 bobs and 1 metal is worth 500 bobs. 1 metal costs 5 money.

Metal didn't get easier to get, money got harder to get.

8 minutes ago, Samoht said:

Prices on resources will be lowered - yes.
But the amount of money we will have will also be lowered.

As of now you can hoard 10 million in-game money, and yet only to be hoarded. You will struggle to purchase 1000 tons of metal even with an amount of money that copious. 

5 minutes ago, fdas said:

Metal will be just as hard to get as it is now. Money will also be harder to get.

Imagine if we had an invisible currency called bobs.

Right now 1 money is worth 1 bob and 1 metal is worth 500 bobs. 1 metal costs 500 money

After the update 1 money is worth 100 bobs and 1 metal is worth 500 bobs. 1 metal costs 5 money.

Metal didn't get easier to get, money got harder to get.

Perhaps it is possible that the reason behind the difficulty imposed by acquiring metal now is because it has become so easy to acquire the money to purchase it. In accordance to basic economic principles, the less there is of something the more value it upholds. I hope that this update will follow this principle, increasing the value of money by decreasing how much of it is distributed, because in which case you can buy more of something for less money as a result. Take a look at the Weimar Republic's economic crisis following the First World War, in which a billion marks wasn't even enough to purchase a loaf of bread. The quantity of money is one thing, but what can and how much of it can be purchased with that money is to be of more importance. 

@Stian

Can we look forward to an alliance bank feature with a tax system in the new version? I would SO MUCH love it.

So that we still can help out new players (new players in our alliances), and rebuild the alliances nations after a big war and such things.

What you think @Blazer ?

37 minutes ago, GenGin said:

Perhaps it is possible that the reason behind the difficulty imposed by acquiring metal now is because it has become so easy to acquire the money to purchase it. In accordance to basic economic principles, the less there is of something the more value it upholds. I hope that this update will follow this principle, increasing the value of money by decreasing how much of it is distributed, because in which case you can buy more of something for less money as a result. Take a look at the Weimar Republic's economic crisis following the First World War, in which a billion marks wasn't even enough to purchase a loaf of bread. The quantity of money is one thing, but what can and how much of it can be purchased with that money is to be of more importance. 

However, a single hour of work still bought the same amount of bread. Fixing inflation did not suddenly cause there to be more bread in existence.

25 minutes ago, fdas said:

However, a single hour of work still bought the same amount of bread. Fixing inflation did not suddenly cause there to be more bread in existence.

TFW he doesn't know how inflation works.....

4 hours ago, Samoht said:

@Stian

Can we look forward to an alliance bank feature with a tax system in the new version? I would SO MUCH love it.

So that we still can help out new players (new players in our alliances), and rebuild the alliances nations after a big war and such things.

What you think @Blazer ?

+1