DJHonore

military
More In-depth Military

11 posts in this topic

I would love to see a more "Hearts of Iron" like military structure in this game. Basically, what I'm proposing can be explained in two parts:

1) Divisions and Squads

A division would entail up to 25 squads, and a squad would entail 1-5 troops dependent on the type of squad

2) Automatic Recruitment of Soldiers by %

This would entail the player determining a reasonable percentage and then the automated recruitment of THAT % of the nations population as generic troopers, the troopers could then be trained as any Infantry or vehicle team the player wishes.

11 minutes ago, DJHonore said:

I would love to see a more "Hearts of Iron" like military structure in this game. Basically, what I'm proposing can be explained in two parts:

1) Divisions and Squads

A division would entail up to 25 squads, and a squad would entail 1-5 troops dependent on the type of squad

2) Automatic Recruitment of Soldiers by %

This would entail the player determining a reasonable percentage and then the automated recruitment of THAT % of the nations population as generic troopers, the troopers could then be trained as any Infantry or vehicle team the player wishes.

You don't know anything about ingame mechanics clearly...

3 minutes ago, Mallues said:

You don't know anything about ingame mechanics clearly...

Easy - Relax.

According to his forum profile he has played for 1 day.
(Maybe longer as he could have played for some time before making a forum account).
But in case he didnt, he is excused.

4 minutes ago, Samoht said:

Easy - Relax.

According to his forum profile he has played for 1 day.
(Maybe longer as he could have played for some time before making a forum account).
But in case he didnt, he is excused.

There is a reason the 25 unit squads were retired...

Yes. But how should he know if he is brand new?
No reason to fry brand new players. Give him a break. We have all been new in here at some point.

2 hours ago, Mallues said:

There is a reason the 25 unit squads were retired...

Actually, if you were knowledgeable of those dark ages, 25 unit squads WERE retired, but not because they were too large.

Before, you could heal units infinitely many times, even if units were dead. Navy SEALS were the meta, and of course with the strength gain battles would continue on indefinitely, while the numbers continued stacking up. The Great War broke out, and the multitude of battles broke the server, so the 25 units were slimmed down to 10. I, for one, am for bringing back the old 25 unit divisions, now that we don't have lag. 

53 minutes ago, Xealo said:

Actually, if you were knowledgeable of those dark ages, 25 unit squads WERE retired, but not because they were too large.

Before, you could heal units infinitely many times, even if units were dead. Navy SEALS were the meta, and of course with the strength gain battles would continue on indefinitely, while the numbers continued stacking up. The Great War broke out, and the multitude of battles broke the server, so the 25 units were slimmed down to 10. I, for one, am for bringing back the old 25 unit divisions, now that we don't have lag. 

Thats what I was referring too, the fact that battles took so damn long and were so resource intensive....

Just now, Mallues said:

Thats what I was referring too, the fact that battles took so damn long and were so resource intensive....

Imo, wars are supposed to be resource intensive, but long battles are a problem of the past.

Just now, Xealo said:

Imo, wars are supposed to be resource intensive, but long battles are a problem of the past.

True, with the HP nerf it may have been fixed, I still reminiscence on the days where NPO ruled supreme, back when the vendor store existed..... Alas the cracks started to form in NPO with Krolth, and I doubt we shall say a military superpower comparatively as strong as Dragonasia ever again... Enough memories though...

Remember the good old day when Stian screwed everyone with B-2 in division with the GEARHOUND?

All I can say is LOL

6 hours ago, Xealo said:

I, for one, am for bringing back the old 25 unit divisions, now that we don't have lag. 

There is a reason why there are less lag issues now ;)