Nations - Official Forums
Crow

Resource transfer. why?

So i tend to put up quite allot of buy orders on all sorts of things at all kinds of competitive prices, sometimes i notice someone will sell something under market value, like way under market value.

for example someone sold cows at 3g going rate is significantly higher than that when this happens my buy order get fulfilled and i get refunded the proportional amount. i was paying up to 20g but for each order i received a 17g rebate from whoever was selling them at 3g.

this has happened a couple of times now and it has always been small and weird amounts nothing too large. 

now either someone is accidentally selling things for less than the current buy order price 

or 

someone is trying to transfer resources through the existing market and has just sold too many/bought too few. 

if someone puts up a buy order of 21g over my 20g and then someone sells all the cows for 3g the 21g buy order will be filled and they will get a 18g rebate for each cow sold.

So they have technically just bought cows for 3g even though my buy order is at 20g

to fix this No rebate should be given and the full price of the sell order should be given to the seller.

no buyer rebates.

resourse transfer bastards.png

to fix this No rebate should be given and the full price of the sell order should be given to the seller.

no buyer rebates.

Buy orders are listed with the maximum price you're willing to pay for a commodity. If a commodity is available for cheaper than that, good for you.

29 minutes ago, Stian said:

Buy orders are listed with the maximum price you're willing to pay for a commodity. If a commodity is available for cheaper than that, good for you.

Good, I'll buy everything at 1$ ppu... Let's see... 😁

1 hour ago, Stian said:

As it stands though the only reason someone would seem to have for selling a commodity below market price is because they want to direct transfer resources to a particular player. I don't envision anyone seeing the market price for a good and then deciding to sell lower than that, other than being weirdly altruistic with their stocks. If the rebate mechanic were removed it would solve that, and make it easier to sell in general. I could decide to sell 5000 food and set my minimum price as 5, meaning it would sell until the buy orders were below five, getting me the full amount the whole while, instead of constantly selling in increments myself. The mechanic just seems needless and open to abuse when there's no need for it. 

44 minutes ago, Stian said:

You can't directly transfer resources like this as you can't pick who buys your order.

are you saying that if i list my buy order at the highest price someone selling at below that price will not fill my order first?

But if I set my order at higher than the current market price, but still below the current selling price I can know that im the current highest buyer. So if im in contact with the seller through discord I can just arrange for them to sell me the resource when Im the highest bidder. Even worse, I could use this method to transfer resources between multiple accounts that I owned myself. This does only work where the current highest buyer is more than 1 below the lowest seller, allowing me to become the highest buyer without actually buying anything. I just now tested this with my friend and was able to sell him 10 goats at 1 price each. He simply set his buy order to 17, making him the highest bidder, once he did so i sold my goats at 1, and he received the goats and a rebate of 16 for each. This is essentially me transfering resources. 

14 hours ago, WitAmidstFolly said:

I just now tested this with my friend and was able to sell him 10 goats at 1 price each. He simply set his buy order to 17, making him the highest bidder, once he did so i sold my goats at 1, and he received the goats and a rebate of 16 for each. This is essentially me transfering resources. 

Hmm.. In this case it's supposed to be random. When you sell something that potentially multiple people could buy then it should draw at random who gets it.

Giving rebates is just normal. The market always selects the buyer offering the highest buying price and the seller with the lowest selling price on a certain commodity to be posted first. A trade is done when the selling price is equal or lower to the highest buying price.

example:

1. Buyer 1 - 20 cows for 30 money - This will be the one posted on the market as it has the highest buying price offer (of course you won't see the number of cows 
  2. Buyer 2 - 10 cows for 25 money                                                                                                                                     just the price)
  3. Buyer 3 - 15 cows for 20 money
  4. Buyer 4 - 10 cows for 15 money

If a nation will post to sell his/her 100 cows for 20 money

1. Buyer 1 - 20 cows for 30 money - 20 cows will be sold to Buyer 1 at 20 money each with a rebate of 10 money for each cow
  2. Buyer 2 - 10 cows for 25 money - 10 cows will be sold to Buyer 2 at 25 money each with a rebate of 5 money for each cow
  3. Buyer 3 - 15 cows for 20 money - 15 cows will be sold to Buyer 3 with no rebates
  4. Buyer 4 - 10 cows for 15 money - No cows will be sold to Buyer 4 as the selling price is higher than what Buyer 4 is willing to offer to buy even though all cows                                                           have not yet been sold

the market will then post 15 money as the highest buying price and 20 money as the highest selling price for the commodity .

The seller has the right on what amount their nation is willing to sell the resources so the buyer offering a higher amount deserves to receive a rebate as the excess amount was not used to buy the resources as the seller decided to sell it at a lower price than the highest buying offer.

4 hours ago, Stian said:

Hmm.. In this case it's supposed to be random. When you sell something that potentially multiple people could buy then it should draw at random who gets it.

So if one person has a buy order at 17 per unit and another has a buy order at 10, and i sell at 5, it should randomly distribute between those two people? If that is the case it seems reasonable, though again from a market point of view, the person offering the highest amount should be receiving the resource, and be paying how much they offered. 

But as stated, I did test it and have done again since and im able to definetly sell to a given person if they list themselves as the highest bidder, even when I sell well below there price. So it would seem then that the random part of it isn't working. Personally I'm still of the opinion that resources should always be sold to the highest bidder, but that there bid amount is what should be paid. There are no reasonable scenarios in which someone would deliberatly sell a resource below what they can actually make for it. 

i just don't see any reason for a rebate. 

cons:

• it can be exploited
  • it makes selling items at the current price tedious as the current price changes as you sell the item
  • it punishes someone who may have just made an honest mistake or typo in setting up the order
  • if it is in fact random, THEN ITS RANDOM and thus does not help keep the market healthy, (someone could sell huge amounts low and just have cheap resources distributed across multiple nations at random)
  • if it is random than despite being the person offering the highest price you won't receive all of the items sold, screwing with the economy again. 

pros: 

• it does not punish someone setting up a buy order over the current market price (but then you don't have to have the same rule for buy orders as they are being placed, they can just revert to absorbing the units at the lowest available price as they do now) 
  • ?????

my sentiment remains, market orders should not be random if they are in fact random and you should not get a rebate on an order, that system is just way to open to abuse, with no real benefit.

you don't want to punish people for making a small mistake like missing a 0 on your sell order. that's the kind of stuff that makes people rage quit.  

from my position it just doesn't make sense, but then maybe i missing some extra detail, but then given that @Stian hasn't mentioned any reasoning thus far im tending towards the notion that i'm not.