Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
candylantis

HELP! Anarchy Forums!

13 posts in this topic

you know, this forums is now way to chaotic with a bunch of spam about who knows what. I think we need filters and more moderators. I really hate those people who just make random accounts for this perfectly good frosum and screw it up with a bunch of stuff that is so cancer to read :( 

2 minutes ago, candylantis said:

you know, this forums is now way to chaotic with a bunch of spam about who knows what. I think we need filters and more moderators. I really hate those people who just make random accounts for this perfectly good frosum and screw it up with a bunch of stuff that is so cancer to read :( 

I have cleared the spam.

The problem is that there is not a secure way to prevent this ever from happening.

Even if we IP-ban the accounts, its easy to bypass thas.

I think i have deleted at least 40-60 messages in the last month.

19 minutes ago, Samoht said:

I have cleared the spam.

The problem is that there is not a secure way to prevent this ever from happening.

Even if we IP-ban the accounts, its easy to bypass thas.

Yes

1 hour ago, Samoht said:

1 hour ago, candylantis said:

I think we need filters and more moderators.

4 hours ago, Samoht said:

I don't see how this is true. I've used a ton of forums and this is the only one with these types of issues.

2 hours ago, Jazzy said:

I don't see how this is true. I've used a ton of forums and this is the only one with these types of issues.

Then you should really give Stian the solution if you know there is a way to prevent it ;)

- The problem is the ones who wants to spam. All other forums who decides to ban a player cant prevent him from accessing 100%. Its impossible. If you deny that, then you do not know what you are speaking about.

And if you then take into account that this game is developed by 1 man, then you cant really expect that everything is perfect.
It hurts no one really that the spam is there, as i check and clear it every single day.
It is annoying - yes, but eventually those who does it will stop.

16 minutes ago, Samoht said:

Then you should really give Stian the solution if you know there is a way to prevent it ;)

- The problem is the ones who wants to spam. All other forums who decides to ban a player cant prevent him from accessing 100%. Its impossible. If you deny that, then you do not know what you are speaking about.

And if you then take into account that this game is developed by 1 man, then you cant really expect that everything is perfect.
It hurts no one really that the spam is there, as i check and clear it every single day.
It is annoying - yes, but eventually those who does it will stop.

He's a scammer his name is daddy rakesh who wants to be a wanker and meet 9 year olds on this site I spoke with him in dm he is in his late 40's give this man a Grammy 

1 hour ago, Samoht said:

@Stian 

• Try adding KeyCaptcha to registration
  • Replace Google's ReCaptcha2 with Google's newer Invisible ReCaptcha
  • Require users post their nation link and name on a sub-forum before being able to post all over the site

The problem is the ones who wants to spam. All other forums who decides to ban a player cant prevent him from accessing 100%. Its impossible. If you deny that, then you do not know what you are speaking about.

I'm referring to the phishing posts (Like the one that's been up since yesterday). 

The game itself is developed by one man, the forums are supposed to be managed by a team.

It hurts no one really that the spam is there

I completely disagree. A game is only as fun as its community, and the forums are a major part of that.

7 hours ago, Jazzy said:

@Stian 

• Require users post their nation link and name on a sub-forum before being able to post all over the site

I'm referring to the phishing posts (Like the one that's been up since yesterday). 

The game itself is developed by one man, the forums are supposed to be managed by a team.

I completely disagree. A game is only as fun as its community, and the forums are a major part of that.

Leave

9 hours ago, Jazzy said:

@Stian 

I honestly believe Stian should use his time on fixing the game, instead of optimizing the forum. (Game breaking bugs and glitches is way more important than this).

The forums only have one active moderator at the moment, and im sure the forum could use one more active player to help with keeping it clean. I suggested that to Stian last week.

The community means a lot without a doubt, when it comes to how fun  a game is - but it is not like the forums is impossible to use, and both you and I know that 80% of the communication about this game between the users happens on the several Discord servers that is made by Nations players.

2 hours ago, Samoht said:

I honestly believe Stian should use his time on fixing the game, instead of optimizing the forum. (Game breaking bugs and glitches is way more important than this).

I agree, but adding KeyCaptcha takes maybe 10 minutes. And as I've said privately, giving moderators the ability to mask forum users is neither a bad nor untimely idea.

The community means a lot without a doubt, when it comes to how fun  a game is - but it is not like the forums is impossible to use, and both you and I know that 80% of the communication about this game between the users happens on the several Discord servers that is made by Nations players.

Again I agree. But I hope you would also acknowledge that public discord servers made by Nations players have a tendency to be a free for all that kills a lot of peoples interest in the community aspect of the game. Think of how much time you spend talking on your alliance server vs. the unofficial public servers. 

1 hour ago, Jazzy said:

I agree, but adding KeyCaptcha takes maybe 10 minutes. And as I've said privately, giving moderators the ability to mask forum users is neither a bad nor untimely idea.

Again I agree. But I hope you would also acknowledge that public discord servers made by Nations players have a tendency to be a free for all that kills a lot of peoples interest in the community aspect of the game. Think of how much time you spend talking on your alliance server vs. the unofficial public servers. 

The bug/glitch document i sent Stian contains 20 or 21 issues. Some of them takes 20 mins to fix, while others take hrs. Its a matter of priority.

Its not that i dont find the forum important, its just a fact that communication is easier and happens more on Discord - that wont change even if the forum was 100% spam free.
- This doesn mean that the issues on the forums doesnt matter to me, cause they do. 

But i honestly do not consider it that big of a problem. 

Well, I still think we'll need to find a even more efficent way to remove spam. Hmmm..OaxqAjz4tWj0xjiO45UzEYiXQED9YATQe_OTyGIb....