Nations - Official Forums
Villain

The community reach out.

42 minutes ago, Par said:

Well, it is glad that Stian is going to expand the coding team.

Let's hope it works out for the best and will be a good thing.

@Stian

would circleCI or BitBucket connect?

1 hour ago, Stian said:

Weird for a school to block github

Yeah, it's pretty weird... Maybe its just something accidental. At home some things that are blocked at school aren't and same when im at school.

On 12/30/2017 at 11:57 AM, Stian said:

Hang on a minute, I'm on holiday, so I'm not able to answer just like that.

So, please don't take that as a sign that I don't care, because I do.

Back to the point: The questions!

The fact that anyone likes and plays this game continues to be a point of great honor to me, and I want you all to know this is still the case before I dig deeper into the upcoming questions.

Your pleas do not go for deaf ears. However, lately those ears haven't been as present as they used to be. It's not that I don't want to listen, it's that I haven't been able to listen.

I actually told Samoth I'd get started on these issues and have the first set of patches ready before christmas, but I just couldn't do it. Partly because of the forum issues which have taken a lot of my time, and still hasn't produced any real results, but more importantly because of my new job. More on that later.

I do. Trust me.

My plans are to continue development and release bug fixing patches. Feature releases like new tiers, and stuff like that are not prioritised until the biggest balancing issues and bugs are fixed.

I don't see it as realistically possible. I struggle to even get enough time to help out and coordinate with the mods, so a dev team I fear just wouldn't be plausible.

Hopefully most of them. I've received invaluable help from @Samoht, who is making my life so much easier in the quest to fix these issues. I'll do my best to fix what I can in 2018.

I'm certainly not opposed to it, but it usually ends up being a time issue.

Yes. If people want to nominate candidates, I'd be happy to see a thread about it!

Never shower!

To be honest, I don't really know how that works, but if anyone wants to make one I can link it in the game.

I also want to expand a bit on why I've been so absent during the last few months. It does not have anything to do with Nations, you the players, or my ambitions about the game, but the simple fact that 1: I've got a new job, or more importantly, a new role. I'm now a partner with a management role in a relatively small company that makes web applications. And being a partner and manager has been way more labor intensive than I could ever imagine. 2: On top of that my fiance broke her ankle and had to go into surgery, so I've been taking care of her in the little time I've spent away from work.

My fiance will of course recover, and the workload in my full-time job will most likely be reduced to more normal levels in 2018, which means I can again spend some more time on Nations. That being said I don't think I'll ever be able to spend as much time on the game as I have done in the last 2-3 years.

I hope this post answers some questions.

I'm still here, and I still deeply care about the game, about you the players, and about the future of Nations. But in the end it's a hobby project, and hobby projects often get sacrificed when time runs short. Nations will continue to be a victim of this, but it's better to be a victim of harsh time priorities, than not existing at all. And to me, Nations not existing too weird to ever be possible.

Happy new year!

I was reading over the info about discord... On many school computers this site is blocked. So if I find an alternative customizable site, would you consider Nations players using that instead. This may help because Discord may not meet all needs such as, logos/nations themed, direct links to nations game, forum, and/or wiki. Discord links also expire! I have found that on some website building companies will have a link for your website, which can be made private, that will never expire! @Stian 

19 minutes ago, Mythicminyme said:

I was reading over the info about discord... On many school computers this site is blocked. So if I find an alternative customizable site, would you consider Nations players using that instead. This may help because Discord may not meet all needs such as, logos/nations themed, direct links to nations game, forum, and/or wiki. Discord links also expire! I have found that on some website building companies will have a link for your website, which can be made private, that will never expire! @Stian 

Discord links do not expire if you choose them not to do so.
+ A good amount of the Nations players already use Discord on a daily basis, and is available both as software, homepage in your browser and as an app on phones.

As long as you use your own data on your phone, you got access to Discord all the time. 

Its simply the best, most popular and probably most used gaming communication platform there is.

15 hours ago, Samoht said:

Discord links do not expire if you choose them not to do so.
+ A good amount of the Nations players already use Discord on a daily basis, and is available both as software, homepage in your browser and as an app on phones.

As long as you use your own data on your phone, you got access to Discord all the time. 

Its simply the best, most popular and probably most used gaming communication platform there is.

Yes. The most active server has 77 members for now, most are very active members. It is way better than anything.

PS don't play Nations at school :P

1 hour ago, Par said:

Yes. The most active server has 77 members for now, most are very active members. It is way better than anything.

PS don't play Nations at school :P

Lol, I don't play it during classes... But until our final project in computer science this is my only computer. Can't wait until the final project though! We get to build custom towers! Then I'll by me a few extra moniters. But then I have to get a job and I'm really excited for that! But anyway, the school is fine with us playing games, appropriate games, as long as we don't play it during classes.

@Stian

My computer science teacher said he would talk to central office about unblocking github. He said that our school used to have a club where they would use github for a Junior High coding club they had.